Safe Foods for Budgies, parakeets and love birds | Healthy Nutritious Foods for Pet Birds
Todays Video is on The Healthy and Safe Foods for budgies, parakeets and love birds. Also on Top Nutritious foods for your budgies. This will really help Parakeet and Budgie Lovers on how to take care of budgies and the theme of todays topic is Parakeets should eat vegetables, fruit and sprouts — not just seed or processed pellets bought from a pet store.
Videos on Foods to Avoid to Budgies:
Care of Budgies and Young Parakeet:
Healthy and Safe Foods for Budgies:
The Main reason is nutritional deficiencies and growth retardation, if you you just provide the processed seeds and pellets bought from a pet store. Deficiencies of vitamins, mineral and protein can lead to diseases and even premature death of your love birds.
Hence you must provide atleast 50 percent of your budgies diet with the following recommended nutritious and safe foods. There is a separate video on Foods to avoid to your budgies and foods that can be harmful to your budgies in varying severity.
Well, The following is a list of Top Foods to feed your budgies and completely safe for them:
1. Sprouts: Sprouted seeds, grains, legumes and peas provide your birds with a good source of nutrients and enzyme-rich food, because sprouting enchances the nutritional content of the source.
2. Vegetables: Organic vegetables should be offered daily or atleast twice a week. Focus mainly on dark green leafy vegetables, like spinach, dandelion leaves, parsley, Lettuce,etc and veggies like carrots, sweet potatoes, yams, pumpkins, etc.
3. Fruits: Provide them occasionally like once or twice a week, like apple, banana, mango, etc. Don’t include the fruit seeds or pits because they contain trace amounts of Cyanide which is toxic for birds.
Full lists of Safe vegetables and fruits is displayed at the end of this video.
One more last thing is a list of things to Keep in the cage at all times:
• Cuttlefish bone piece (this might be available at your pet store).
• Mineral block or a Calcium Block (You can make your own block using POP (plaster of paris) powder purchased from your hardware store and pour the solution in a small container and allow to set for 24 hours.
• Lastly, Clean water which needs to be changed once in 12 to 24 hours.
Free SUBSCRIBE TO Our Channel at:
CLICK NOTIFICATION BELL TO “ON” TO RECEIVE UPDATES!
Our Facebook Page:
Our Twitter URL:
Our Instagram Link:
Please LIKE and Share your Thoughts and COMMENTS below.
Also please SUBSCRIBE to our channel with Notification Bell “Turned On” to receive notifications on new additions and activity of our channel.
#budgies, #lovebird, #budgiefoods , #parakeet
Garden Tips – Garden Tips English –
Gardening Tips Hindi –
CHECK OUR PLAYLISTS:
Join our Gardening WhatsApp Group: